Wednesday, June 11, 2008

it was upon looking away
that I saw how
everything was either
in or out
of context
but that the two had become
pretty much the same

I began to make things up
about you
assign attributes
at a whim
you became
a sort of coloring-book
only the lines kept changing
& I gained the power to create an
alternate dimension
where the air was stagnant
& everything really was
relative

& there i built a house
out of those particles
that were more likely to be present
than not
‘twas a nice house
as it usually obeyed the laws of physics
& had central air-conditioning
& if you care to know
I lived there
quite comfortably
for a year or two with
Gutenberg’s blessings
& Emily Post
& Schrödinger's cat
& my false-bottomed hat
& such words that I wrote
& such words that I wrote
which i thought might resemble you

No comments: